Someone with a lot of money to spend has taken a bearish stance on General Electric GE.
And retail traders should know.
We noticed this today when the big position showed up on publicly available options history that we track here at Benzinga.
Whether this is an institution or just a wealthy individual, we don’t know. But when something this big happens with GE, it often means somebody knows something is about to happen.
Today, Benzinga’s options scanner spotted 17 options trades for General Electric.
This isn’t normal.
The overall sentiment of these big-money traders is split between 35% bullish and 64%, bearish.
Out of all of the options we uncovered, 16 are puts, for a total amount of $860,405, and there was 1 call, for a total amount of $41,500.
What’s The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $65.0 to $100.0 for General Electric over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is a powerful move while trading options. This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for General Electric’s options for a given strike price. Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of General Electric’s whale trades within a strike price range from $65.0 to $100.0 in the last 30 days.
General Electric Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is General Electric Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 1,705,017, the price of GE is up 2.48% at $76.48.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be approaching oversold.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 70 days.
What The Experts Say On General Electric:
- Deutsche Bank has decided to maintain their Buy rating on General Electric, which currently sits at a price target of $107.
- Credit Suisse has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on General Electric, which currently sits at a price target of $102.
- Morgan Stanley has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on General Electric, which currently sits at a price target of $115.
- Wolfe Research has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on General Electric, which currently sits at a price target of $107.
- Morgan Stanley has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on General Electric, which currently sits at a price target of $112.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for d[company_name], Benzinga Progives you real-time options trades alerts.